After completing Clinical Training in Laparoscopic Colectomy, the participating surgeons will be able to:
- Know the parameters that maximise the results of the interventions in the large bowel and the rectum.
- Evaluate the new methods of minimally invasive surgery of the large bowel.
- Be aware of new developments in colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and acute diverticulitis.
In addition, they will have gained sufficient experience to be able to:
- Execute laparoscopic colectomy.
- Evaluate their acquired skills through the simulators.
With the completion of Clinical Education in Laparoscopic Colectomy, CME credits will be awarded by the Panhellenic Medical Association on behalf of the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), equivalents of medical organisations from EU member states.
Live broadcasting of surgery
At the end of the workshop of each cycle, the participants will have the opportunity to watch laparoscopic colectomy on live broadcast from DTCA HYGEIA.
The practical training in animal models in the experimental surgery is carried out at the Biomedical Research Foundation (BRFAA) of the Academy of Athens.
4 Soranou Ephessiou Street, 115 27 Athens,
Tel.: +30 210 6597000
Fax: +30 210 6597545
Further practical skills training in virtual reality simulators takes place in the form of a 4-7 hour tutorial in a special room of the 6th Surgical Clinic at DTCA HYGEIA:
- 5 Erythrou Stavrou Street, 151 23 Marousi, 6th floor.
In order to allow participation in the Experimental Surgery and the simulators, as well as to grant a certificate of attendance, participating surgeons should have attended the four workshops and the corresponding surgical interventions.
The Certificate of Attendance granted is co-signed by the European Surgical Institute – Hamburg, Germany.