After completing Clinical Training in Laparoscopic Colectomy, the participating surgeons will be able to:
- Know the parameters that maximise the results of the interventions in the large bowel and the rectum.
- Evaluate the new methods of minimally invasive surgery of the large bowel.
- Be aware of new developments in colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and acute diverticulitis.
In addition, they will have gained sufficient experience to be able to:
- Execute laparoscopic colectomy.
- Evaluate their acquired skills through the simulators.
With the completion of Clinical Education in Laparoscopic Colectomy, CME credits will be awarded by the Panhellenic Medical Association on behalf of the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), equivalents of medical organisations from EU member states.
Also, participating surgeons will grant a certificate of attendance, which is co-signed by the European Surgical Institute – Hamburg, Germany.